As I began to reflect on 2014, the common thread among each of the twelve months was a test of faith of some sort. As a result of those tests, my faith has grown stronger. I have grown spiritually. Because of my time spent with God in 2014, the ministry that God has blessed me with has begun to reap several benefits.
For every mountain you’ve brought me over
For every trial you’ve seen me through
For every blessing
For this I give you praise… ~ Kurt Carr
Praise Reports of 2014:
- I was featured in the February issue of Woman’s Day magazine with my fellow Live Longer and Stronger Challenge participants!
- I appeared on the TODAY Show on Tuesday, February 11th with my fellow Live Longer and Stronger Challenge participants!
- I attended the Woman’s Day Red Dress Awards at Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City in February!
- I facilitated a workshop entitled, “Self-Care Is Not Selfish” during a women’s conference in March!
- Athleta sent me a surprise gift in April!
- In November, the My Faith and Fitness Blog won a 2014 Black Weblob Award for Best Faith-Based Blog!
- I won my first medal for a 5K race in November!
Challenges of 2014:
- I did my first juice fast in February. Not sure if I’ll repeat that.
- My husband was hospitalized for seven days at the end of April.
- The doctors diagnosed my husband with multiple myeloma in May.
- Because of various doctor appointments for my husband, I ran out of paid leave time at work. Twice. The money was funny, but God provided!
- Our relocation in June increased my commuting time and decreased my fitness time. God heard my cry of lament! A Planet Fitness location will be opening in my town in January! My husband and I are going to transfer our memberships when the new location opens. No more 30-minute drive to the gym!
Plans for 2015:
- Because I will be attending several special events in 2015, I have continued my study of beauty products and techniques. YouTube has been a great tool in this process. I have been adding pins to my “Glam Squad” board on Pinterest. In an attempt to increase my access to new beauty products, my monthly subscription to Birchbox begins in January. Special Thank You to Keturah for the recent eyelash tutorial!
- I plan to become active in the local alumnae chapter (Delta Kappa Sigma chapter) of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. You may see some guest posts from my sorors who are experts in health, fitness and nutrition.
- Giveaways! Giveaways! And more giveaways! Make sure that you take the poll and let me know the types of giveaways you want to see!
What are your goals for 2015? Have you put them in writing? Goals become more real when we put them on paper. Please share. If you need more motivation or encouragement, please let me know and I will add you to my prayer list. You can leave a comment at the end of this post or on the Facebook fan page, Tweet me, or complete the form on the Contact page. Happy New Year! Be blessed. Remain encouraged.