As you know, I have been blogging since April 2012. The My Faith and Fitness Blog is my first blogging experience. In my effort to become a more proficient blogger, I am going to attend the Blogging While Brown Conference this month. Blogging While Brown offers the opportunity for networking, education, and professional development to Black bloggers. The 6th Annual Blogging While Brown Conference is scheduled for June 21-22 at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture in New York City.
Since its launch in 2008, Blogging While Brown has grown to become the premier blogging conference dedicated to education, collaboration, and innovation among bloggers of color. The conference brings Black social media experts, speakers, and independent content creators together to educate, inspire, and expand their influence in social media and technology.
I am excited about attending this conference! I will be tweeting (@MyFaithFitness) from the conference. Follow the conversation with #BWBNYC. Also, I will definitely provide a recap when I return. Here are the fantastic topics that will be covered.
- Stop Thinking Like a Blogger and Think Like a Business!
- Online Energy, Offline Synergy: How Creating Content Online Can Create Financial Opportunities Offline
- When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong
- Strategic Partnerships from a Brand’s Perspective
- Blogs and Brands
- Beginning Blogger Bootcamp Lab
- Beyond Facebook & Twitter: Using Google Plus, Pinterest and Instagram
- Blogging for the Love of the Blog
- Security, Privacy and Safety Tips for Your WordPress Blog
- 10 Ways to Turn Your Blog Writing from Basic to Brilliant
- Ten Easy Steps to “Hackproof” Your WordPress Installation and Backup Your Site
- Starting a Business While Working Full-time
- Keep it Movin’: Mobilizing Your Blog and Your Brand
- Cross-border Conundrums: Being An International Black Blogger
- Diversity: Unpacking the Supply and Demand Side of Diversity
- Turning your brand up to 11 with a Podcast
- Blogging for Your Organizational Voice
- Crowdfunding your Creative Project: Advice From 3 Rock Star Women On Using Kickstarter
- BlogGot a Blog? Protect Your Brand in Cyberspace